Thursday, November 22, 2012

Diwali 2012!!!

Wow, two weeks away from Singapore was much tiring and yet too good & memorable. Had a significant time spent with family and friends back home. An incentive of this trip was celebrating Deepavali at home after four long years away. My trip started on November 2, 2012 from Changi International Terminal 3, Singapore, halted in Chennai for few days. Okay, sticking on to my readers request, I am pushing myself not to reveal any of my friends real identity, rather calling them by their initial. Met my friend-sister (Dr.T), who got married in the recent past, which I couldn't attend, so cannot make excuse but to stay at their place on the day of my arrival. Next morning, a casual catch up with my friends (Miss. M, Miss. M & Miss. G) at EA, sharing greetings and gifts, had a long talk before parting our ways. Later been to a movie with another friend, which was little scary and a good thriller regional one. I knew there were high number of movie buffs and movie goers in Chennai, but then amazed at the advancement of online ticket booking only when we managed to get tickets on our fourth cinema hall. Again thanks to e-booking, technology developed so much! but only in this regard, not on any other productive use! Left to Trichy later that night, spent a good Sunday at home relaxing and taking medicines for the heavy cold, my body showed a good sign of recovery soon. So decided to take only Ayurveda medicine, not allopathy anymore for cold! As the first week of my vacation starts, and so my recreation, traveling to the hill top Yercaud, to visit my Grand ma, Uncle, Aunts and Cousins. From there to Karur, Dindugal, Ayyalur to my Sisters place (my nephews wont spare me, if I go without chocolates!) spent the whole week traveling in and around the state and came back to Chennai for a Doctor's appointment. This time met another friend from Oxford (Miss. S) for her birth day party, had a blast at her home and came to meet (Miss. S) to whom I have spoken my mind out after a long time. That night was Deepavali week end, so every corner of the capital city was flooded with people heading back to their home. Luckily I managed to book tickets for my trip and my bus official reporting time was Quarter to midnight at Perungalathur. So I was relaxed and left my sisters place by 10.15 pm which was not so far from my boarding place. But to my luck, I crossed Tambaram in ten minutes from Chrompet, and it took literally 55 mins to reach Perungalathur in the heavy traffic. Almost at the end of GST bridge, I jumped out of the local bus and started running towards the bus point, got scared that I might miss my bus for the hometown. All the vehicles were moving inch by inch. I reached the place well before on time and showed my tickets to that person in the travels. I was so pissed off to hear it from him that my bus will only come around half twelve. Later he has to call it for his day and asked me to wait for the bus drivers call. To add an oil to my agony, bus came around Quarter past one. No option except to curse myself got into the AC semi sleeper coach and started my journey towards home. Next few days were enjoyable, except the power cut almost 12 hours per day. On the Diwali eve, almost all my school friends came for my word. Shall thank Senthil, Mithun, Ariff, Shagul, Siva, Sundar, Subramani, Santhosh, Janakiraman, Suresh, Bala, Naveen and Bala Ganesh. It was a whole evening we were chatting, fighting, pulling each others leg, cherishing old memoirs of our school etc... we all were greatly shocked by the recent wedding of another friend Somu and missing Deepak & Jaya. Finally the meet and greet was so memorable and enjoyable with the school buddies. Next day Deepavali, celebrated with family, firing crackers, eating sweets and savories, watching special TV programs and thanks to TN govt to have a courtesy for not making a power cut at least on a festival day. Planned for a movie, but could not make it because of too crowd. As planned before, been to Thirupathi and had divine blessing from Lord Venky. It was worth the wait of 8 hours. Then somehow managed to catch up the Diwali latest release Thuppakki, and accidentally the picture was good for Vijay, no bad critic. With little shopping to do, getting ready and started packing my stuffs to fly back.  Great festive season after a long time, meeting good old friends, spent a vacation celebrating festival at home with family, What else one could ask for? With lots of nice new memoirs, left home and came back to resume my work after two long weeks :) :) :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see your post it was really amazing to read these text, hope you all have enjoyed the traveling the local places, its quite easy to catch a bus by using online bus reservation is a simple way to reach destination in correct time

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we all were greatly shocked by the recent wedding of another friend Somu..." Super da... :)Good post machi...

    ReplyDelete